Saturday, August 10, 2013

English Vinglish 2

This happened when I was studying in Diploma College. I would take tiffin box(ghar ka khana) with me. One day I was sitting on Katta and for some reason it was only me and Mukram(my friend) was not having any practical and were free during lunch time. I was hungry so I tool out my tiffin box and started eating. Mukram was sitting idle. I thought he didn't bring his tiffin today so i asked him to join me. He said "I have fast". At that time only meaning of "fast" i knew was in context of speed. :-) So I didn't hear him properly and I thought he wanted to say that he eats fast so will join me later. I already finished my tiffin half way. I again asked him please join. he again repeated same thing. this Time I said to him.. " no problem , even I eat fast! " :D :D
He was puzzled with my statement. this time he said in hindi. "mera upvas hai" then it clicked me "oh. ok upvas. Good".

that incident added one more word to my vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment